Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Journey

I am feeling pretty agitated right now. I know why, It is completely clear to me. I woke up in a really great mood, then after one phone call I am feeling miserable. Why do I let others have so much influence over my mood? Possibly because I am a sucker? No, because sometimes I forget to be as positive as I want to be and I take on other people's negative issues. I shouldn't do it. But hey, I am only human. So I guess it is bound to happen once in a while. After all this is a journey, and I am learning as I go.
Right now just writing is actually helping me to get rid of some of the negative feelings and thoughts I was having, who knew? I know that when I am feeling negative a great exercise, for me anyway, is to clearly visualize how I want to be feeling. I also restate my positive goals and then I usually feel better. Today I was just determined to stay grumpy I guess.
Maybe I should start writing down my goals as I blog, then I may think of new ones and keep on going.
Some of my goals are: to have an attitude of gratitude, to be more confident, to see the beauty in everything and everyone, to Practice the Four Agreements: Be impeccable with my word/ Don't take anything personally/ Don't make assumptions/ Always do my best, to let go of the past, to forgive, and to be the change I want to see in the world.
Those are not all of them, it is just part of my list from 43 things, but putting them down again makes me see exactly where I need to focus my energy. I definitely do not have room for negative thoughts.
I am off now, to be more positive for the rest of the day :)

Sending positive thoughts out to you too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

please keep blogging- it has so much to offer in terms of support on your spiritual path , personal growth etc.
stay strong xx